The Canadian Respiratory Health Professionals (CRHP) was conceptualized in November 2004 as the multidisciplinary successor to the Canadian Nurses Respiratory Society, Canadian Physiotherapy Cardio-Respiratory Society and The Respiratory Therapy Society. Since 2005, the CRHP has been advising the Canadian Lung Association on scientific matters and programs, including policies regarding support for research and professional education where it relates to health professionals with an interest in respiratory care. CRHP administers a research and fellowship program which is funded by the Lung Association.
Effective April 1st, 2016 CRHP will operate as the interdisciplinary healthcare professional assembly of the Canadian Thoracic Society.
Our mission is to engage health care professionals and to provide national leadership to achieve:
- the promotion of lung health
- the prevention of lung disease
- the management of lung disease
- facilitation of interprofessional collaboration
- knowledge generation (research) knowledge translation (education and dissemination)
Leadership Council for 2017-2018:
- Véronique Pepin, PhD, Kinésiologist (Chair)
- Gail Dechman, PhD, PT (Past Chair)
- Pat Camp, PhD, PT
- Lily Cheung, RRT
- Jennifer Olajos-Clow, NP, CRE
- Marco, Zaccagnini, RRT, BHSc